Duo will be rolling out a redesigned version of its mobile app for iOS and Android soon.
Version 3 (Current) Version 4
What is Changing?
- Duo Mobile version 4 will have a new visual design.
- The Approve and Deny buttons have been repositioned.
- Practice runs to better understand the enrollment and authentication workflows.
- Enhanced accessibility support.
What is not Changing?
The core functionality of Duo Mobile is not changing. You will continue to be able to:
- Receive a Duo Push
- Use Passcodes
- Add, Edit, Reorder, Remove Profiles
When is the Release Date?
- For iOS: October 11 through October 18, 2021
- For Android: October 11 through October 15, 2021
Supported iOS and Android versions
The minimum supported OS versions for Duo Mobile version 4 will be iOS 13 and Android 8. Older versions of Duo Mobile will continue to function normally following the update, but Duo will no longer provide bug fixes or troubleshooting support for any 3.x.x version of the app.
What do I need to do?
If you enabled automatic app updates on your device, the Duo Mobile app will update automatically. Otherwise, you need to manually update the app on your device.
What if my device can't run iOS 13 or Android 8?
You will not be able to upgrade or install version 4.0 of the app. If you have version 3 installed on your phone, it will continue to work normally. Otherwise, you can switch to one of the alternative authentication methods.
- Introduction to the Redesigned Duo Mobile Version 4 Application (video)
- Duo Mobile's guide to the new Duo Mobile version 4.0.0 for Duo administrators