Beware of email scammers claiming to know an "old" password or have secretly installed malware on your computer and turned on your webcam after visiting an adult site.
This type of email threat has been on the rise lately and it was featured on Global news. Please forward a copy to email@example.com and delete it. We will report the scam to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Center.
Now that the fraudsters have one of your old passwords, do not re-use it. If you are using the same credentials or same password in other places, please change it as soon as possible. The site https://haveibeenpwned.com may give you an idea where the fraudsters have gotten your password.
Remember the following tips:
- Avoid using York passwords elsewhere.
- Avoid re-using existing and old passwords.
- Avoid using York's username and password when subscribing to external services.
- Use complex password that is not easy to guess.
- Change passwords regularly.